Thursday, March 17, 2011
The next of the Improvisation Toolkit is now in production! Volume 3 will cover transitions in improvisation.
You probably know that clean transitions add polish to your dance, but most dancers don't realize that they also make improvisation easier. When you make friends with transitions, it's easier to chose the next move, to make clear movement "statements" that make sense to your audience, and to innovate in the moment.
In Volume 3, you'll learn:
- How to identify your body position
- The three types of transition: and when to use each one
- A selection of basic and fancy transitions
- How transitions work, so you can create your own
- How transitions help communicate your ideas to the audience
I'm setting a tentative release date of October 25th, but if all goes well, it could be ready as early as late summer.
I'll send more details, previews, etc. soon.
In the meantime, you may want to check out Volume 1: Movement Recall. You won't be completely lost if you start with this volume, but you'll get the most out of it once you've mastered the skills in vol. 1. Vols. 1 and 2 are also available as downloads through Bhuz.tv.