Donate to Relief Efforts in Haiti, and Be Entered to Win a Free Video Critique

Friday, January 15, 2010

Make a donation to the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, or Heifer International by Tuesday, and be entered in a drawing for a free video critique worth $125.


Here's how to enter:


1) Make a donation of at least $20 to the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres), or Heifer International by next Tuesday, January 20th.


2) Email me confirmation by 5pm EST next Wednesday, January 21st.

After you have made your donation, you should see a confirmation page with the details of your donation. You can print that to PDF or send me a screen shot of that page. (Here are some instructions.)

Alternatively, you can forward me your confirmation email. (My confirmation from the Red Cross took a few hours to arrive, so don't worry if you don't get it right away.)

Send your confirmation to me at nadira@nadirajamal.com


3) I'll use a random number generator to choose the winner on Wednesday, and contact that person by email.


Notes:


  • Sooner is better, folks! The more aid we can get to Haiti now, the less suffering there will be later on. I'd make the deadline much sooner, but I know some of you won't see this in time.


  • If you're outside the US, you can donate an equivalent amount in your own currency.


  • If you've already given to one of these causes, that's great too. I'll count any donation dated between January 15th and January 20th.


  • If you donate $50 or more, you get TWO entries. If you donate $100 or more, you get THREE entries.

  • (If you donate $1000 or more, well, you rock! I'll just give you a free critique outside of the giveaway.)

  • The winner will be notified by email, and must redeem their critique by January 21st, 2011. The prize is transferrable to another dancer.


  • Yes, this does exclude those of you who give by phone or give to another organization. I'm sorry about that, but I have no way to get confirmation without an email receipt, and I know what the receipts for the Red Cross, MSF, and Heifer Intl look like.


  • If I receive any fraudulent donation confirmations, the senders will be ineligible for the giveaway, and should feel very ashamed of themselves.


  • I'm running this giveaway in good faith, but things happen. If there are any misunderstandings or loopholes, their resolution will be at my sole discretion.




Warning:

I've heard that there are quite a few scams that are trying to profit from this disaster. When you make your donation, be sure to go directly to the web site of the organization to make your donation.


This idea was inspired by one of my students, Ellen. She's a nurse, and emailed me within a few hours of earthquake to let me know that she'd be missing class so she could go serve in Haiti. I'm so proud!

0 comments:

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB