Taktaba Workshop + Episode 2 coming soon

Monday, April 23, 2007

Hi everyone,

It's my pleasure to announce the very first Taktaba workshop! The workshop will kick off the Shimmies for a Cure benefit hafla:
April 28, 2007
Somerville City Club
20 Innerbelt Rd
Somerville, MA 02143

My workshop begins at 12:30pm, will be followed by three more fabulous workshops, and then a dinner show. I hope that many of my Boston-area viewers will be able to come!


DETAILS:

This one-hour workshop is an overview of the Taktaba analytical approach to dance composition, and is based on an exploration of the 4 elements of abstract movement: Space, Shape, Time, and Energy. We'll examine these elements in detail, focusing on their many variations and the audience responses these variations produce.

The workshop will include:
- Analytical vs. Intuitive composition
- An explanation of the four elements
- An introduction to element variations
- Moving exercises for some variations
- An improvisational exericise
- The limitations of this method
- How to use this method in improvisation

Workshop notes will be provided, including an outline of the topics covered, and information on further resources.


In other news, Episode 2 is in final editing, and I hope to have that up soon. Thank you for your patience while I tweak the transitions, captions, and voice-over.

1 comments:

veritate said...

Ooo! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations. I'm quite sad that I don't live in the area, because this type of workshop is something I'd be very interested in taking.

Since I can't attend the workshop in person, I'm thrilled that episode 2 has not suffered an irreversible fate. I will be sure to check back often!

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB