Episode 2 coming soon

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Thank you everyone for your wonderful feedback. I'm so glad to hear that so many of you found Episode 1 (Repetition & Alternation) to be helpful, and I especially appreciate your suggestions for improving the show and requests for future episodes.

In fact, Episode 2 was suggested by a viewer, Mala Bhargava. Mala suggested that I cover some additional aspects of repetition, particularly relating to repetition within the context of an entire piece, rather than within a combination. After mulling over her suggestions, I've come up with a few ideas I hope to cover:
- repeating longer "chunks" of choreography (like an entire chorus)
- under what circumstances repetition can seem ameteurish or boring (and tips on how to keep it fresh and effective)
- guidelines for repeating elements throughout a piece, including background elements, forefront elements, skill elements, and danger elements.


I expect to have Episode 2 online just after Thanksgiving (late November). I'll be doing about one episide per month, as it takes about two weeks to mull over ideas, an evening to plan, a day to shoot, and a weekend to edit, export, and upload. Not to mention sleeping, dancing, knitting, laundry, and seeing my husband once in a while!


For those of you viewing on You Tube, I hope to have parts 2 and 3 of Episode 1 posted within a week or so. Sorry for the delay! In the meantime, you can view it on Google Video or Our Media (linked from the Episode 1 blog entry).

2 comments:

veritate said...

I'd be very, very interested to hear thoughts on how to incorporate repetition without seeming amateurish!

I'm a beginner and we're just working through our choreography now. It's pretty inventive in spots, and really fits the music, but sometimes I feel like we're just repeating things for the sake of repeating things. I know that choreography can become more complex and more varied, and I'd love to hear thoughts about it.

Kat said...

Nadira, I just wanted to say that your efforts are very much appreciated. I am learning a lot. Looking forward to future episodes! :)

 
Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB